After spending 10 days in hospital, a pair of gloves and a face mask are now never out of reach of keen gardener Ray Robinson.
The 64-year-old contracted the potentially deadly legionnaire’s disease earlier in the year.
Legionnaire’s disease is a lung infection caused by the Legionella bacteria found in creeks, ponds and soils.
Doctors presume it was Mr Robinson’s frequent contact with potting mix that led to his infection.
“Like most people, I did not think it could happen to me, although I was aware of the dangers,” Mr Robinson said. “This has been a wake-up call for me.”
Read more at The Toowoomba Chronicle
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.