Gopher ride: Jane Burchell relies on her gopher as her main form of transportation.Recent thefts have led SA Police to issue security tips to motorcyle, scooter and mobility gopher owners.
SA Police said the security tips were issued in response to two gophers stolen within two days from the western suburbs of Adelaide.
Murray Bridge gopher driver Jan Burchell (pictured left) said the tips were helpful as she and other gopher owners depended on them for their mobility.
“I never ever leave the keys in it” she said.
Ms Burchell said she already took protection against theft as she had been the target of thieves in the past.
The rear baggage compartment of her scooter was once opened and rifled through when she left it unattended and parked in a public area.
She said she now has a padlock used to secure her rear baggage compartment.
Mrs Burchell said she took precautions because she relied on her gopher for regular transport. “I couldn’t imagine being without my gopher” she said.
– The police recommend locking the ignition, removing the key and if possible, to store your scooter or gopher in a locked garage.
– If a garage is not available for use then consider possibly installing a ground anchor point for the scooter or gopher to be secured to.
– Getting an alarm or immobiliser fitted as well as using extra security locks or chains.
– Uniquely mark and photograph the vehicle.
– Avoid leaving helmets or possessions on the scooter or gopher and if possible, lock the handle bars into place.
– When parked at a public event, regularly check your vehicle.
– When travelling with others lock the scooters or gophers together.
– If alone then secure vehicle to a solidly fixed object.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.